Skip to content

MySQLi requirement for scheduled script

edited May 2013 in Troubleshooting

I've been trying to get crontab working with my Sendy installation and eventually discovered this error message: Fatal error: Class 'mysqli' not found in //sendy/scheduled.php on line 17

From a previous thread, this is because Sendy requires the mysqli extension to be installed. It looks like this may not be an option on my shared server, which is a bit of a showstopper. Sending campaigns directly through the web interface seems to work okay, however, which suggests mysqli isn't a core requirement. Is there any possibility this will be removed in a future version?

More generally, how about a "Check compatibility" page accessible from inside Sendy that would run a bunch of simple checks on things like PHP version, SQL version, etc. and highlight any items that will likely cause problems. (My main criticism of Sendy, based on experience to date, is that it's not great at pro-actively reporting errors; I've often had to dig through logfiles etc. to discover the cause.)

Thanks,

Eddy

Comments

• (Sorry for the bad subject line - I'd originally entered 'sqli requirement for scheduled.php' as the subject so not sure why it vanished!)

• Hi Eddy,

Your compatibility checklist seems to indicate you have mysqli extension installed → http://www.limelight.ie/sandy/_compatibility.php?i=1

Did you just have it installed?

Thanks.

Ben

• Hi Ben,

(Good to see you're ahead of me with the _compatibility.php script!)

It looks like mysqli is installed for the web version of PHP but not the CLI version. I compared the output of phpinfo.php and 'php -i' and noticed that the CLI version's .configure line includes "--without-sqlite", which is not present on the web version. (They both also include "--with-mysql" and "--with-mysqli"). Perhaps this is related.

Anyway, sounds like yet another ticket I need to open with my provider. They've also just informed me that they're migrating all accounts to a new cloud server next week, so perhaps that will fix some of these issues as a side effect.

Thanks,

Eddy

This discussion has been closed.