Skip to content

I copy a list of subscribers from 200,000 in three accounts of different brands?

edited January 2013 in Questions

I copy a list of subscribers from 200,000 in three accounts of different brands?
to export and divided into lists of 10,000 lasted forever!
how I can use phpMyAdmin to copy the list of 200,000 at three different brands?
Thanks !

Comments

• Hi Ben, Thanks for helping!
    but our problem is not shipping fee in AWS SES,
    want to copy a list of 200,000 subscribers in three different brands accounts.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6398265/Sendy/cuota SES.png

Thanks for helping!

• Hi @cloudcolombia,

There are no other ways to do this but run mySQL queries directly in your database (using phpmyadmin or similar).

Before you do anything, please backup your entire database before proceeding (export a mysqldump of your Sendy database). So that if you mess up your database, you can delete all your tables and import them back.

The following instructions assumes (as an example) your current 200,000 subscribers are in 1 list belonging to 1 brand.

Please follow the following instructions carefully:

1. Create "Brand B" and "Brand C" (note that you can name your brand whatever you want) in Sendy's interface.

2. Then create a new list and name it whatever you want in each brand you've created in step 1 (Brand B and C)

3. Run the following query. This will duplicate your entire subscriber rows in the subscribers table. I assume your subscribers table has 200,000 rows which you want to duplicate into Brand B and Brand C. By executing the below query, you will duplicate another 200,000 rows based on the existing 200,000 rows in subscribers table.
      INSERT INTO subscribers (userID, name, email, custom_fields, timestamp, join_date, confirmed) SELECT userID, name, email, custom_fields, timestamp, join_date, confirmed FROM subscribers

4. Then run the following query. Note brand_b_list_id in the following query. You need to change it to the list id of the list you've created for Brand B. To find the list id, go to the lists table in your mySQL database and look at the id column of the corresponding brand. This query will assign the list id of Brand B to the 200,000 duplicated rows you've created in step 3.
      UPDATE subscribers SET list = CASE WHEN list is NULL THEN brand_b_list_id ELSE list END

5. Then run the following query. Again, please note brand_b_list_id in the following query. You need to change it to the id of the list you've created for Brand B. What we're doing here is duplicating another 200,000 rows from Brand B.
      INSERT INTO subscribers (userID, name, email, custom_fields, timestamp, join_date, confirmed) SELECT userID, name, email, custom_fields, timestamp, join_date, confirmed FROM subscribers WHERE list = brand_b_list_id

6. Then run this last query. Note brand_c_list_id in the following query. You need to change it to the id of the list you've previously created for Brand C. By now, you should know how to find this list id (see step 4, 4th sentence). This query will assign the list id of Brand C to the 200,000 duplicated rows you've created in step 5.
      UPDATE subscribers SET list = CASE WHEN list is NULL THEN brand_c_list_id ELSE list END

Now you will have 3 brands with 200,000 duplicated records each. I am not sure what your use case is and why you need to do this, but please be careful and make sure these subscribers knows to expect emails from these 3 different brands.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.