Skip to content

Upgraded to 1.1.5.2., says bounces not set?

edited March 2013 in Troubleshooting

I have been using sendy a while now and thank you for the good software and marvellous support.
I have upgraded to 1.1.5.2 now and tried to send a campaign. Sendy checked before sending the complaints and bounces handling and reported that they were not set.
But I have sent my last campaign to 400K subscribers on Thursday on 1.1.4.2 and it was perfectly working!
What went wrong?

Comments

• Hi @Ergun,

I have been using sendy a while now and thank you for the good software and marvellous support.

You're welcome.

How the bounce/complaint checking works is that it sends 2 emails to Amazon Mailbox Simulator, 1 email to bounce@simulator.amazonses.com and 1 email to complaint@simulator.amazonses.com.

Once these 2 emails are sent, Sendy waits 10 seconds for Amazon to return the bounce and complaint SNS message to your Sendy installation. Sendy then registers this so that this check won't be done again the next time you send.

What might have happened is that Amazon Mailbox Simulator did not return the bounce and complaint SNS message within 10 seconds. When Sendy then checks for bounce and complaint setup after 10 seconds, it returns 0 instead of 1 hence telling you bounces and complaints weren't setup.

The next time you send a campaign using the same 'from email', you should pass this test. Unless of course, bounces OR complaints wasn't setup. But if you're sure you've already set it up and it's working, there is no need to panic. This is just a precautionary check.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.